When I was younger I was always obsessed with trying out new things with nail varnish. I would sit in my room for hours and watch countless tutorials, only to create an absolute mess and a stench of chemicals throughout my family home. Being at uni, and also having become a very lazy student, creating intricate looks on my nails has become a thing of the past and I know usually just paint them and let them chip away. I’ve decided to for once make an effort and try out something really simple and create this nail tutorial for people ‘who don’t do nail tutorials’.
Using Barry M nail varnishes 271 Rapsberry, 292 Navy, Bourjois Paris 1 Seconde Gloss Gel top coat and a couple strips of masking tape, I created this easy angular look.
- I painted by nails firstly with the Barry M 271 Raspberry shade and let it dry.
- After making sure the varnish is dry, I cut two piece of masking tape and pressed the sticky side against my hand before sticking to the nail, this is to reduce the stick and will prevent leaving marks on your nails.
- Apply the tape at an angle onto your thumbnail and use the line as a guide to paint with 292 Navy.
- Wait a minute or two before removing the tape.
- (optional) paint your ring finger in the same navy shade
- After waiting for the varnish to dry, apply a top coat.
That it. It’s so simple and looks like you spent ages painting your nails. Obviously this look can be done using a variety of colours so don’t feel like you have to stick to the ones suggested! I hope this creates a bit of fun for you guys who don’t particularly have the patience for intricate nail art!